Earlier this week, I posted my trademark compendium. On this Friday afternoon, I thought I would do the same for trade secrets:
- Introduction to Trade Secrets.
- Part 2, Introduction to Trade Secrets.
- Trade secrets and inventiveness.
- What is an example of a trade secret?
- If you think you have a trade secret, you must protect it.
The law of trade secrets is interesting, because it is governed by state law. Most states have enacted the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, but the lack of federal governance differs from copyrights, patents and trademarks. The latter are governed by the Copyright Office and Patent and Trademark Office, respectively.